Planet Drugs Direct continues its “12 Months of Giving” initiative with its latest fundraising effort: a bake sale to raise funds and awareness for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Each month, Planet Drugs Direct raises funds for a different charity using various fundraising strategies and office teams that are assigned based on their departmental supervisors. Hands-on volunteerism generates longer lasting commitments to charitable causes than simple donations of money and things, and the office staff gets exposed to some wonderful causes in the process.
Generating a Competitive Spirit
Planet Drugs Direct chooses to encourage office volunteerism as a more valuable way to give back than just donating money. Encouraging involvement can generate lifelong support for charitable causes, and the competitiveness between departments ensures that the staff gives each charity strong fundraising efforts.
An All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast was held to raise funds for this wonderful charity! And we raised $400!
Boys and Girls Clubs of America
The Boys and Girls Clubs of America is one of the best-known and well-respected charities in North America. Communities everywhere face problems with children who have nowhere to go for supervision after school because they have single parents or both parents work—the latch-key kids. Without adult care and supervision, kids become at-risk for taking drugs, joining gangs, facing emergency situations that they can’t handle and committing pranks that escalate to criminal behavior. The Boys and Girls Clubs of America offer fun and supervised afternoon alternatives that instill pride and feelings of usefulness. Advantages of the clubs for kids include:
- Kids can join programs that help them plan their educations and careers.
- Leadership programs offer strong role models that help children become responsible and caring citizens.
- The organization’s arts programs encourage appreciation of crafts, performing arts, visual media and art and creative writing.
- Sports and fitness programs keep children healthy, competitive and team-oriented.
- Students can get help with homework, mentoring and learning research skills that give them a jump on primary and secondary education and college.
- Kids can get hands-on tutoring in digital technologies, learning how to manage money and other important skills.
- Kids have plenty of time to play and make friends while learning fundamental skills that working parents often lack the time to impart in today’s hectic world.
12 Months of Giving
The “12 Months of Giving” campaign allows Planet Drugs Direct to support 12 worthwhile charities each year. Using teams at the office to raise funds in a competitive environment strengthens awareness, promotes friendly competition and exposes the staff to many charitable causes. Last month, the company supported Habitat for Humanity. Stay tuned for information about Plant Drugs Direct’s latest charity each month.