Tricyclic anti-depressants such as Elavil, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac or Lexapro, and especially serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) such as Effexor or Cymbalta, which are dual-acting antidepressants that can increase both serotonin and norepinephrine, have proven capable of decreasing pain while treating both depression and chronic pain. Because pain can induce depression and vice versa, these new dual-acting agents can provide physicians with safe and convenient treatments for these connected conditions. Read more..Depression and Pain
Other articles you may be interested in...
- Congress Poised to Pass Bill Threatening Americans’ Access to Affordable Drugs
- Some New Antidepressants May Be Better Than Others
- US Drug Prices Continue to Soar
- Familial Genetic Disorder Leads to Manufacture of New Medication to Reduce Levels of LDL Cholesterol
- Why Drugs Cost More Than They Should: The $3.5 Billion Dollar Reason