Aloxi (Palonosetron Hydrochloride)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Palonosetron Hydrochloride Information
(pal" oh noe' se tron)
Before receiving palonosetron injection,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to palonosetron, alosetron (Lotronex), dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril, Sancuso), ondansetron (Zofran), or any other medications, or any of the ingredients in palonosetron injection. Ask your pharmacist or check the manufacturer's patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: fentanyl (Abstral, Actiq, Duragesic, Fentora, Lazanda, Onsolis, Subsys), lithium (Lithobid); medications to treat migraines such as almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt), sumatriptan (Imitrex), and zolmitriptan (Zomig); methylene blue; mirtazapine (Remeron); monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors including isocarboxazid (Marplan), linezolid (Zyvox), phenelzine (Nardil), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), and tranylcypromine (Parnate); selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, in Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Brisdelle, Paxil, Pexeva), and sertraline (Zoloft); and tramadol (Conzip, Ultram, in Ultracet). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you more carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had any medical condition.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while receiving palonosetron injection, call your doctor.
- pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- chest pain
- swelling of the face
- changes in heart beat or heart rhythm
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fast, slow or irregular heartbeat
- nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- loss of coordination
- stiff or twitching muscles
- coma (loss of consciousness)