Blocadren (Timolol Maleate)
Generic equivalents for Blocadren... What are generics?
Prescription required. May be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Timolol Maleate Information
(tye' moe lole)Do not stop taking timolol without talking to your doctor first. If timolol is stopped suddenly, it may cause chest pain or heart attack in some people.
Before taking timolol,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to timolol, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in timolol tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay, in Clorpres), digoxin (Lanoxin), diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia XT, Dilacor, Tiazac, others), medications for glaucoma, nifedipine (Adalat, Afeditab CR, Procardia), other medications for heart disease or high blood pressure, quinidine, reserpine , and verapamil (Calan, Covera, Verelan).
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had asthma or other lung diseases; heart, liver, or kidney disease; diabetes; severe allergies; muscle disease; or thyroid problems.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking timolol, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking timolol.
- you should know that this medication may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this medication.
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- excessive tiredness
- cold hands and feet
- difficulty breathing
- swelling of the feet or hands
- unusual weight gain
- chest pain
- slow, irregular heartbeat