Colestid (Colestipol Hydrochloride)
(℞) Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
This item is backorded. May require additional wait time.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Colestipol Hydrochloride Information
(koe les' ti pole)
Before taking colestipol,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to colestipol, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in colestipol preparations. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: amiodarone (Pacerone), antibiotics, anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven), digitoxin, digoxin (Lanoxin), diuretics ('water pills'), iron, loperamide (Imodium), mycophenolate (Cellcept), oral diabetes medications, phenobarbital, phenylbutazone, propranolol (Inderal, Innopran), and thyroid medications. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had unusual bleeding, an underactive thyroid gland, heart or intestinal disease, or if you have hemorrhoids.
- if you are taking gemfibrozil (Lopid), take it 2 hours before or 2 hours after colestipol.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking colestipol, call your doctor.
- unusual bleeding (such as bleeding from the gums or rectum)