Emcyt (Estramustine Phosphate Sodium)
Sorry, we do not offer this product as it requires refrigeration during shipping.
Estramustine Phosphate Sodium Information
(es'' tra mus' teen)
Before taking estramustine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to estramustine, estradiol, nitrogen mustard, or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- if you are taking calcium supplements or antacids that contain calcium such as Alka-Mints, Tums, or Titralac, take them at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after estramustine.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a blood clot, diabetes, high blood pressure, a stroke, congestive heart disease, migraines, seizures, any conditions that affect the balance of calcium and phosphorous in your body such as parathyroid disorder, or liver or kidney disease.
- you should know that estramustine is only for use in men. Estramustine may cause fetal harm. You should use effective birth control if there is a possibility that your partner could become pregnant while you are taking estramustine. Women who are or may become pregnant should not take estramustine. If you take estramustine while you are pregnant, call your doctor immediately.
- breast tenderness and enlargement
- leg cramps
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- impotence (inability to have or maintain an erection)
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty swallowing or breathing
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- dizziness or faintness
- speech problems
- sudden, severe headache
- sudden partial or complete loss of vision
- weakness or numbness of an arm or a leg
- pain, redness or swelling of an arm or leg