Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
(pir fen' i done)
Before taking pirfenidone,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to pirfenidone, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in pirfenidone capsules. Ask your pharmacist or check the manufacturer's patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Equetro, Tegretol, Teril); cimetidine (Tagamet); ciprofloxacin (Cipro); digoxin (Lanoxin); enoxacin (Penetrex); fluvoxamine (Luvox); or rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate, in Rifater). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking pirfenidone, call your doctor.
- tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this medication. You should stop smoking before you start taking pirfenidone and avoid smoking during your treatment.
- plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight (including sunlamps and tanning beds) and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen (SPF 50 or higher). Pirfenidone may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about avoiding other medications that may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.If your skin becomes reddened, swollen, or blistered, like a bad sunburn, call your doctor.
- stomach pain
- pressure or tenderness in the sinuses
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- joint pain
- weight loss
- extreme tiredness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- lack of energy
- loss of appetite
- pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- dark or brown (tea-colored) urine
- flu-like symptoms
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty swallowing or breathing