Kuvan (Sapropterin Dihydrochloride)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Sapropterin Dihydrochloride Information
(sap'' roe ter' in)
Before taking sapropterin,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to sapropterin or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: levodopa (in Sinemet, in Stalevo); methotrexate (Otrexup, Rasuvo, Trexall, others); PDE5 inhibitors such as sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra); proguanil (in Malarone), pyrimethamine (Daraprim), and trimethoprim (Primsol, in Bactrim, Septra). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had anorexia (an eating disorder in which a person eats too little and/or exercises too much to maintain even the minimum body weight considered normal for his/her age and height) or any other condition that causes you to be poorly nourished, or liver or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you have a fever or if you get sick at any time during your treatment. Fever and illness may affect your phenylalanine level, so your doctor may need to adjust your dose of sapropterin.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking sapropterin, call your doctor.
- stomach pain
- cough, throat pain, or cold symptoms
- fidgeting, moving around, or talking too much
- wheezing, shortness of breath, cough, flushing, nausea, rash
- pain in the upper abdominal area, nausea, vomiting, black, tarry or bloody stool, vomiting blood