Unisom (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Information
(dox il' a meen)
Before taking doxylamine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to doxylamine, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in the doxylamine preparation. Ask your doctor or pharmacist or check the package label for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: medications for colds, hay fever, or allergies; medications for depression; muscle relaxants; narcotic medications for pain; sedatives; sleep medications; and tranquilizers.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or other breathing problems; glaucoma (a condition in which increased pressure in the eye can lead to gradual loss of vision); ulcers; difficulty urinating (due to an enlarged prostate gland); heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures,or an overactive thyroid gland.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking doxylamine, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking doxylamine.
- you should know that this medication may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this medication. Avoid alcoholic beverages while you are taking this medication.
- talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking doxylamine if you are 65 years of age or older. Older adults should not usually take doxylamine because it is not as safe or effective as other medications that can be used to treat the same condition.
- dry mouth, nose, and throat
- increased chest congestion
- vision problems
- difficulty urinating