Veltassa (Patiromer Sorbitex Calcium)
Sorry, we do not offer this product as it requires refrigeration during shipping.
Patiromer Sorbitex Calcium Information
(pa tir' oh mer)
Before taking patiromer,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to patiromer, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in the patiromer powder. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- if you are taking any other medications by mouth, take them at least 3 hours before or after patiromer.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had difficulty swallowing, gastrointestinal (GI; affecting the stomach or intestines) surgery, constipation, fecal impaction (a dry hard stool stuck in the rectum), bowel obstruction (blockage in your intestine), a problem with your bowels after bowel surgery, or GI disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking patiromer, call your doctor.
- stomach discomfort