Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
(me ben' da zole)
Before taking mebendazole,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to mebendazole, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in mebendazole chewable tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: cimetidine (Tagamet) or metronidazole (Flagyl, in Pylera). Your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had stomach or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking mebendazole, call your doctor.
- you should know that in addition to your treatment with mebendazole, you will need to take steps to prevent reinfection and infection of other people. You should wash your hands and fingernails with soap often, especially before eating and after using the toilet. Talk to you doctor about other measures to prevent reinfection and spread of the infection to others. Be sure to carefully follow the instructions provided by your doctor.
- stomach pain, discomfort, or swelling
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- fever, sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection