Zaditor (Ketotifen Fumarate)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Not available for sale. Consult with your Family Practitioner for alternative therapy.
Ketotifen Fumarate Information
(kee toe tye' fen)
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Check the dropper tip to make sure that it is not chipped or cracked.
- Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye or anything else; eye drops and droppers must be kept clean.
- While tilting your head back, pull down the lower lid of your eye with your index finger to form a pocket.
- Hold the dropper (tip down) with the other hand, as close to the eye as possible without touching it.
- Brace the remaining fingers of that hand against your face.
- While looking up, gently squeeze the dropper so that a single drop falls into the pocket made by the lower eyelid. Remove your index finger from the lower eyelid.
- Close your eye for 2 to 3 minutes and tip your head down as though looking at the floor. Try not to blink or squeeze your eyelids.
- Place a finger on the tear duct and apply gentle pressure.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- If you are to use more than one drop in the same eye, wait at least 5 minutes before instilling the next drop.
- Replace and tighten the cap on the dropper bottle. Do not wipe or rinse the dropper tip.
- Wash your hands to remove any medication.
Before using ketotifen eye drops,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ketotifen or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using ketotifen, call your doctor.
- you should know that you should not wear contact lenses if your eye(s) is/are red. If your eyes are not red and you wear contact lenses, you should know that ketotifen solution contains benzalkonium chloride, which can be absorbed by soft contact lenses. Remove your contact lenses before instilling ketotifen and put them back in 10 minutes later.
- runny nose
- burning or stinging of the eye
- eye discharge
- dry eyes
- eye pain
- eyelid problems
- problem with tear production
- blurred vision
- sensitivity to light
- flu-like symptoms
- sore throat