Generic equivalents for Cefzil... What are generics?
Prescription required. May be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(sef proe' zil)
Before taking cefprozil,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cefprozil; other cephalosporin antibiotics such as cefaclor , cefadroxil , , cefazolin (Ancef, Kefzol), cefdinir , cefditoren (Spectracef), cefepime (Maxipime), cefixime (Suprax), cefotaxime (Claforan), cefotetan, cefoxitin (Mefoxin), cefpodoxime , ceftaroline (Teflaro), ceftazidime ( Fortaz, Tazicef, in Avycaz), ceftibuten (Cedax), ceftriaxone (Rocephin), cefuroxime (Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef), and cephalexin (Keflex); penicillin antibiotics; or any other medications. Also tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in cefprozil tablets or suspension. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: amikacin, diuretics ('water pills'), gentamicin, kanamycin, neomycin (Neo-Fradin), probenecid (Probalan), streptomycin, and tobramycin. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had gastrointestinal disease (GI; affecting the stomach or intestines), especially colitis (condition that causes swelling in the lining of the colon [large intestine]), or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking cefprozil, call your doctor.
- if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation), you should know that cefuroxime suspension is sweetened with aspartame that forms phenylalanine.
- stomach pain
- genital itching
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, or eyes
- watery or bloody stools, stomach cramps, or fever during treatment or for up to two or more months after stopping treatment
- a return of fever, sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection