Ferrous Sulfate (OTC)
325mg Tablet (Extended-Release)
Can not be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
Ferrous Sulfate Information
(fer' us)Accidental overdose of products containing iron is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under the age of 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of an accidental overdose, call your doctor or a poison control center immediately.
Before taking an iron supplement,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to any iron products, including ferrous fumarate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulfate, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in iron preparations. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects. .
- if you are taking certain antibiotics such as doxycycline, minocycline (Dynacin), and tetracycline, take them 2 hours before or 2 hours after iron supplements.
- tell your doctor if you have a certain type of blood disease such as hemolytic anemia (a condition with an abnormally low number of red blood cells). Your doctor may probably tell you not to take an iron supplement.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking an iron supplement, call your doctor.
- stomach pain
- teeth staining