Ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic comes as a suspension (liquid) to place into the ear. It is usually used twice a day, in the morning and evening, for 7 days. Use ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic at around the same times every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Use ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic is only for use in the ears. Do not use in the eyes.
You should begin to feel better during the first few days of treatment with ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic. If your symptoms do not improve after one week or get worse, call your doctor.
Use ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic until you finish the prescription, even if you feel better. If you stop using ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone otic too soon or skip doses, your infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may become resistant to antibiotics.
To use the eardrops, follow these steps:
- Hold the bottle in your hand for one or two minutes to warm the solution.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Lie down with the affected ear upward.
- Place the prescribed number of drops into your ear.
- Be careful not to touch the tip to your ear, fingers, or any other surface.
- For middle ear infections, push the tragus (small flap of cartilage just in front of the ear canal near the face) of the ear inward four times so that the drops will enter the middle ear.
- Remain lying down with the affected ear upward for 60 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for the opposite ear if necessary.