Generic equivalents for Restasis...What are generics?
(Rx) - indicates only available by prescription
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3 month or 100 day supply based on your personal prescription. read more
This medicine is used to treat keratoconjunctivitis sicca. This condition is usually caused by inadequate tear production, which subsequently causes dry eyes that are often associated with a feeling of irritation or pain.
The active ingredient in this medicine is called Cyclosporine Opthalmic 0.05%, and comes in the form of eye drops. This medicine works by increasing the amount of tears produced by the eye, and thus relieves the symptoms caused by dry eyes.
These eye drops are placed in the affected eye(s) twice a day, 12 hours apart, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them prior to using this medicine and wait at least 15 minutes before replacing them.
Directions to use:
1. Wash your hands and dry thoroughly.
2. Ensure the eye drops are mixed well by turning the vial upside down several times. The eye drops should have a milky, white appearance. Only open the vial immediate before use.
3. Tilt your head back and use your index finger to pull down the lower eyelid, to form a pouch.
4. Squeeze the medicine into the pouch and slowly close the eye. Do not allow the tip of the vial to touch your eye.
5. Use your index finger to apply gentle pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. This is important as it will prevent the medicine from draining away, and thus prolong the time the medicine is in contact with the eye.
6. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Always wash your hands after using this medicine.
Discard the vial immediately after use. Do not store the opened vial for later use, as this medicine reacts with air and becomes ineffective.
Do not allow the tip of the vial to come into contact with any surface, as this will contaminate the medicine. This medicine is to be used in the eye only.
If you miss a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take only your next scheduled dose. Do not take two doses at once.
If you are using any other eye drops, wait 15 minutes after using this eye drops before you use any other products.
Please store this medicine (unopened vials) at room temperature between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C) away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom.
Do not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to it in the past.
This medicine may cause blurred vision. Please use caution if driving or operating machinery.
For women who wish to become pregnant or are breast-feeding, please discuss the risks of using this medicine with your doctor before using these eye drops.
Restasis Side Effects
Side effects that may subside during treatment include burning, stinging, redness, pain, or itching in the treated eye(s); blurred vision; feeling as if something is in the eye(s); or eye discharge. If these continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor.
An allergic reaction to this medicine is unlikely, however it is important to recognize the signs and seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, severe itching, swelling, dizziness, or trouble breathing.
If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
Purchase quality Restasis or generic Restasis at discounted prices from our online pharmacy.